maanantai 30. heinäkuuta 2012

FOOD HEAVEN PART1

First I want to apologize for neglecting my precious blog and my readers. I have been too busy to even think about writing but now I need to tell you about some amazing restaurants I've found in New York. The list is long, so I'm going to do it in two parts.

1. Pure Food and Wine
54 Irving Place  New York, NY 10003
This restaurant is just fabulous with the inside terrace and  its romantic atmosphere. The menu is all raw, the prices are ok and most importantly the food is CRAZY!!
I came here with Niina and Jenni. I had philly rolls for appetizer and me and Niina had zucchini lasagnas for main course. Jenni had Tacos al Pastor. I can't wait to take my mom to this delicious raw food restaurant- She is going to love it :)

Philly rolls with spinach, avocado, cashew cheese.
Zucchini, Local Heirloom Tomato Lasagna basil pistachio pesto, sun-dried tomato marinara, macadamia pumpkin seed ricotta
Hen Of The Woods Tacos Al Pastor smoked guacamole, hearts of palm, bi-colored corn, guajillo crema fresca, pickled onions

2. Caravan of Dreams
405 East 6th Street  New York, NY 10009
Very cute and delicious vegan organic restaurant that offers some raw food dishes too. My salad was amazing and so was Annika's squash spaghetti.

Omega (LIVE)
Kale, sunflower sprouts & mixed field greens, avocado, spiced macadamias & hemp seeds and citrus hemp dressing 
 Zucchini and Yellow Squash Spaghetti (LIVE)
Brazil nut & sesame meatballs, sun-dried tomato marinara, kalamata olives and basil



3. Souen- Macrobiotic, Natural organic Food

326 East 6th Street  New York, NY 10003


My friend and coworker Annika took me to this restaurant yesterday. It was hard to choose what to eat since the whole menu looked so delicious. This macrobiotic restaurant offers something for everybody since it is not a vegan restaurant. The prices were surprisingly affordable too.

Kuzu Stew 12 broccoli, cauliflower, nappa, green, carrot, snow pea, shiitake, onion in ginger tamari clear kuzu sauce. 
Vegan desserts

4. The Hummus & Pita Co
585 6th Avenue  Manhattan, NY 10011
This is a fast food restaurant that usually are not my favorite places, but the food was actually fresh and good, and definitely inexpensive. This plate cost about $7.

Hummus with Falafel, Whole Wheat pita, cabbage salad and quinoa.
This last Hummus with Falafel was actually in a small Kosher restaurant in Brooklyn but I have no idea what the name was or even where in Brooklyn we were. unfortunately.

Ok, it's time to go to sleep. I will continue my restaurant experiences as soon as possible! Good night and remember to enjoy good food!

-E-

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti