sunnuntai 27. toukokuuta 2012

Library of recipes: Vegetable Couscous

I cooked this vegetable couscous for my graduation party this weekend and it was a HIT! I love it but I was really surprised and impressed that even my pickiest friends felt the same way too. Today I called my best friend who was trying to cook this for her friend but she had confused quinoa with couscous. I am sure quinoa would work too. Minttu, this is for you:




Vegetable couscous:

(2-3 persons)
2,5dl whole wheat couscous
1/4 eggplant
1/3 zucchini
1 onion
 1/2 pepper
1dl kidney beans
garlic
chili
sea salt
soy sauce
cilantro
cumin (juustokumina)
cayenne pepper
black pepper
olive oil

Prepare the vegetables and cook them with some olive oil on a pan starting with eggplant and onion. Add zucchini, pepper and kidney beans while cooking couscous in a separate pot. Add some of the spices to the vegetables. When vegetables are done, mix them with cooked couscous and add the rest of the spices.
Add a little bit of olive oil to couscous, check the taste and let it cook for 5 minutes.

*Make sure that the eggplant is cooked when you mix it with couscous

*You can use all kind of vegetables and spices, i like spicy food

*Couscous is delicious both cold and hot

-E-




1 kommentti:

  1. Ihanaa ja NAM!! ..ja HUH quinoa oli tosiaan myös oikein passeli ;)

    VastaaPoista