sunnuntai 12. elokuuta 2012

FOOD HEAVEN PART 2

I'm a HUGE food lover!

I'm truly in Love with the dining possibilities in New York. My first posting about restaurants in New York included four experiences. Now it's time to publish the next four. Let's keep it short this time.

1. TAO
TAO is a restaurant where my lovely friend and ex NY roommate wanted to take me so many times last winter but for some reason we never went. Now it was Niina's bday and me and Jenni wanted to surprise her and decided to take her to TAO. Tao is the largest and most popular Asian restaurant in New York. The atmosphere is like a trip to Asia and the food is incredible. The prices are OK, this is not a cheap chinese restaurant but it is not over priced either. Their website tells that it is frequented by celebrities on a regular basis from Nicole Kidman, Tom Cruise, Robert DeNiro and members of the N.Y Giants and Yankees. Our experience was truly positive.
I had a Spicy Hoi Yin Eggplant, and Buddha’s Harmonized Vegetable Feast for the Minor Gods with Udon Noodles    
Bday girl Niina and Jenni had Soy Ginger Glazed Salmon with Udon Noodles and Spinach.
Location: 42 E 58th st, New York.

2. Peacefood Cafe

Peacefood Cafe is a vegan kitchen and bakery located on Upper West Side. I went there for a lunch with Niina and really enjoyed the experience. The prices were reasonable, the atmosphere was cozy and our waiter was nice trying hard to find us a table where I can charge my phone. Food was yummy! I had a Quinoa salad and a delicious green juice called hangover cure (Lol). Niina had a salad called Asian greens.
fluffy quinoa $9.95
beans, baby greens & sprouts of the day, avocado, sweet peppers, corn & onions tossed with creamy lime mustard vinaigrette 

Hangover cure:
apple, orange, carrot, celery, ginger root
asian greens $9.95
seasonal baby Asian vegetables, mixed sprouts, shredded carrots, tomatoes, marinated & baked tempeh, ground peanuts, in a garlic, ginger, cilantro, ponsu & sesame dressing
 
Location: 460 Amsterdam avenue (between 82nd and 83rd st)
MENU

 3. Zia's Cafe

Zia’s mission is to provide you with a fresh, healthy choice for breakfast, lunch or dinner while supporting local farmers, plant-based meals & sustainable, green business practices.

Two weeks ago I made a blogpost ago about Zia's raw chocolate pudding that I found in Organic Avenue in Manhattan. Last weekend me and my boyfriend went to Baltimore, Maryland and I knew that Zia's have a restaurant somewhere in MD. It was almost on the way there and I was extra happy to be able to go and explore it. I love the brand and especially their Desserts. I love their mission and the whole idea so I'm happy to support restaurants and Cafes like Zia's as much as possible.
Of course I had to try one new Zia's dessert. It was a delicious raw chocolate brownie with super clean ingredients. 
You could make you own sandwich/wrap/panini so my wrap was a wholewheat wrap with grilled vegetables, hummus, avocado and spinach. 
My pink juice above was Dusk. It was nice, refreshing and gingery.
Andre had a Lucky13 smoothie and a grilled chicken wrap.
Location: 13 Allegheny Avenue. Towson, MD

4. Candle Cafe
Candle Cafe is a Vegan restaurant two blocks from my home. It's always PACKED no matter the day or time so take some patience and an empty stomach with you when you go there. I went there with Annika for our weekly dinner with some high expectations and wasn't disappointed. The food was really fresh and good and I'm ready to go there again anytime.

We shared Summer rolls with spicy peanut dipping sauce for an appetizer and steamed broccoli with our main courses. I had a Quinoa salad for with avocado for main course and it was probably one of the best quinoa salads I've ever had in my life. Annika had a Ginger-miso stir-fry with brown rice.

Quinoa salad
Location: 1307 3rd Avenue Between 74th & 75th St.

I'm going to keep posting about my delicious experiences in New York. There are so many restaurants and cafes I want to explore and share with you all. Hopefully some of you who live in New York or are able to come to New York sometime, will find these posts useful. I'm a huge food LOVER and that's why I did not manage to keep it short this time.LOL.

-E-

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti